Title Deed Search

Before buying property in Thailand it is very important to perform a Title Deed Search. This search will determine if the property has any liens if the seller has ownership rights and the type of property documentation.

Why you need A Title Deed Search

Typically, the search will help you determine if;

  1. The person is the real owner of the property you are buying
  2. There are registered encumbrances like a loan or a mortgage
  3. The property has the permit for lease or sale

Title Deeds Categories

Chanote or Nor Sor 4

This type of title grants the holder of this document full rights over the land, to deal with or to use it to the exclusion of others.

A true title deed accurately surveyed and marked by Land Office posts. The land can be sold or transferred unless the previous owner stipulates restrictions in selling or transferring that the new owner is not able to sell or transfer the land for 5 or 10 years after the acceptance of ownership of the estate.

Thus, if you are planning to buy land in Thailand, this type of title deed is the best and most credible title deed to hold.

Nor Sor Sam

These are land title deeds issued by the District Land Office with clear records of ownership which can be sold or leased by posting 30 days notice to the public. They are less accurately surveyed that a Chanote.

Nor Sor Sam Kor

These are similar to the above but are more accurately surveyed and correspond to an area on an aerial photograph. They are registerable as a right of ownership.

Sor Kor Nung

These are only a notification of land possession and to continue existing rights. Long-term dwellers may have the right to apply to the government for a higher form of title deed.

Tor Bor Tor Hok and Tor Bor Tor Ha

These are squatter’s claims to occupy land that has been settled. It is not possible to legally build on the land, sell or lease it.

Why work with Us?

Contact Us

+66 84 844 0008

127/79 Pisitkoranee road Patong, Phuket 83150


Request a Free Consultation

The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer.